Video Production Specialist
August 11, 2020
The Video Production Specialist is a multi-disciplinary position within the Media department at Walrus Audio. He/she is able to think on his/her feet and solve problems large and small while maintaining a stellar attitude. As a writer/producer, cinematographer, editor, sound designer, and animator, he/she will be responsible for creating incredible video content that supports and elevates the Walrus Audio brand.
Working with the Creative Director and President, the Video Production Specialist handles all aspects of film production – editing, motion graphics design, visual effects, sound design and mixing, color correction, and encoding; all while ensuring the highest-quality production values and quality standards. The Video Production Specialist also assists with the setup and filming of on-location and off-site video productions: interviews, commercial shoots; anything and everything video related.
About Our Company
Throughout the years we have been inspired by sounds created by our favorite artists: the perfect breakup on an overdrive; a thick, punchy distortion; an endlessly sustained reverb; a self-oscillating delay. Walrus Audio is a collective of artists, musicians and engineers attempting to find the balance between art and performance in sound manipulation. It is our goal to make guitar effects that are as interesting to play, as they are to look at.
- Acts as cinematographer on a variety of shoots
- Acts as an editor on a variety of projects
- Acts as an animator on a variety of projects
- Is a producer on the front end, ensuring that all preproduction tasks are completed thoroughly
- Is a turnkey, end-to-end content creator for all platforms
- Is able to function independently
- Acts as a photographer on a variety of assignments
- Receives Illustrator and Photoshop files; translates into motion graphics
- Helps define and elevate the visual language of the Walrus Audio brand
- Produces/shoots/edits product demos, live music performances, social media videos, and other video products (which are always evolving)
- Meets deadlines while maintaining a high creative standard
- Works with outside crew members on bigger shoots
- Helps generate solutions for video-related problems, large and small
- Meets ad-hoc request of the president
Personal and Organizational Skills
- Highly organized; able to build a custom workflow for tracking projects, jobs, and deliverables from the initial idea to the final archival
- Is easy to work with, and able to maintain a positive attitude in fluid situations. Flexible under pressure.
- Excellent multi-tasking and self-management skills, and also able to take direction and constructive feedback
- Possesses a deep understanding of and passion for all modern media platforms, and how to craft content that will perform best for each one
- Independent worker; someone that can have a “see a need, fill a need” type of mindset
Additional Skills and Responsibilities
- Strong PC and Mac general computing skills including use of archiving/storage, basic networking and troubleshooting knowledge
- Fast learner, able to quickly learn Walrus’ products.
- Experience and skill with modern studio/location lighting, grip equipment, and camera support equipment
- Knowledge of and proficiency with modern video codecs
- Proficiency in modern digital photography workflows and equipment, including strobe flashes, location lighting, RAW file handling, cataloging/archiving with Lightroom
- Ability to produce a shoot, arranging for talent, locations, necessary permits/releases
- Copywriting skills; able to turn an idea into a script or treatment
- Compositing skills: rotoscoping, typography, animation, motion / camera tracking, and keying, etc. within After Effects / comparable software
- Ability to lift more than 50lbs
- Proficiency with a variety of photo and cinema cameras/lenses/support equipment, both as a photographer and cinematographer
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, with a focus on Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Lightroom and Photoshop
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when necessary, including show meetups with artists/concerts, and early morning or late-night shoots as specific scripts designate
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years experience in an agency, production house, or other content production environment
- Music Industry experience and proficiency with the pedal brands is a big plus
- A passion for ongoing education. A fast learner, able to quickly learn Walrus’ products.
- Must provide an online demo reel showcasing previous work upon applying. Applicants without a reel or demo work will NOT be considered.
- Highly organized in project approach. Must be able to systematically achieve success
- Knowledge of guitar and guitar related products.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual base pay dependent experience
- United Healthcare Insurance plan available after 60 days probationary period.
- $25,000 life insurance policy paid by company
- Holidays are paid by company after 90 day probationary period. (New Year’s Day, Memorial day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and following day, Christmas Day and following day)
- Paid vacation after 90 day probationary period per year