CONTROLLER OF ALLPARTS AND WALRUS AUDIO
PE OWNED AND BACKED COMPANY
We are looking for a motivated, skilled, and creative team member to assist the company’s on-going trajectory to become the leading brand in the music instruments industry.
This position requires oversight of two companies: Walrus Audio, and Allparts Music. Walrus Audio is a leading designer and manufacturer of audio effects and musical instrument related electronics. Walrus was founded in 2011 and has grown consistently at 30% annual growth with highly valued endorsements from top artists in the music industry. Allparts Music Corporation has been running since 1982 and provides the most excellent selection of guitar and bass parts to manufacturers, wholesalers, musicians, luthiers, retail stores, guitar repair shops, and guitar enthusiasts all over the world. The position based in Oklahoma City, OK with frequent travel to Houston, TX.
The Controller will be a vital member of the financial team that will have roles in both entities. On the Walrus side of the business, the function is the central Controller, Accountant, and Bookkeeper for the company. On the Allparts side, more financial planning and analysis is required. This position is responsible for the ongoing upkeep of financial records and reconciling the day-to-day transactions of the companies. Also, this position is responsible for the daily, weekly, monthly internal reports to the CFO and other departments as well as external financial reports to our CPA firm for tax and audit purposes. The position is also responsible for performing data analysis and other projects as requested by the CFO. This position is a full-scale accounting position that will require someone who likes a challenge and can handle many details, tasks, and transactions. The intangibles we are looking for are proven experience, impeccable character, and the ability to ‘get things done.’
- Manage the financial functions, including planning and analysis, cash and debt management, budgeting, accounting, reporting, treasury, audit, and tax.
- Continue to automate and optimize existing accounting and inventory management systems and ensure processes are correctly implemented.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting, including financial and operational KPIs.
- Manage and train a team of two existing accounting and administrative assistants to support the growing business platform.
The ideal candidate has five years of experience, including the following qualifications:
- Experience working with ERP systems such as QuickBooks and NetSuite (incl. financial and inventory management systems)
- Hands-on problem solver
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate efficiently
- Proven Excel skills required. Experience with Microsoft Office and other analytical software a plus
- 2-3 years of experience at leading accounting firm preferred but not required
- Prior exposure to distribution businesses (including purchasing and inventory management) a plus
- Entrepreneurial, and a detail-oriented individual that thrives in a fast-moving environment
- Ideal for an ambitious, self-motivated consultant looking to transition into a corporate role.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Annual base pay dependent on experience
- United Healthcare Insurance plan available after 60 days probationary period.
- Holidays are paid by company. (New Year’s Day, Memorial day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and following day, Christmas Day and following day)
- Paid vacation after 90 day probationary period per year
Send Letter of Recommendation, Cover Letter, and Resumé to email@example.com