It wouldn’t be Halloween without a limited spooky version of the Iron Horse. Perfect for your sludgy doom riffs, the 2022 Halloween Iron Horse has everything you need to celebrate your favorite holiday based around getting free candy from strangers. Bats, tons of gain, monster movie fonts, an angry horse with red eyes and a GLOW IN THE DARK SKELETON.
Free 2-day shipping - Order now and receive by
It wouldn’t be Halloween without a limited spooky version of the Iron Horse. Perfect for your sludgy doom riffs, the 2022 Halloween Iron Horse has everything you need to celebrate your favorite holiday based around getting free candy from strangers. Bats, tons of gain, monster movie fonts, an angry horse with red eyes and a GLOW IN THE DARK SKELETON. ⚡️💀🐴.
Illustration by David Hüttner.
The Iron Horse is our take on a classic distortion circuit that’s thick, punchy, riffy, and rowdy. With the help of the Si/LED (Silicon/LED) knob and wide range of the distortion knob, this true bypass, high-gain behemoth can be finely tuned for clear overdriven sounds or let the reigns loose for a full-on distorted onslaught.
Top mount jacks with soft switch bypassing and art by David Hüttner complete the package for a pedal board-ready distortion machine.
- Top-mounted jacks
- Soft relay true bypass on/off
- Fixed volume drop-off when the distortion knob is at minimum
- Re-imagined the hard clipping toggle as a blend style potentiometer, that allows you to blend between symmetrical silicon and diode clipping for a new variety of tones.
Owners of the previous versions of the Iron Horse will be familiar with the three distortion modes operated by a toggle switch to change between different clipping modes. The switch has now been replaced with a blending knob opening up a wealth of ways to alter your tone.
When the knob is set to the left, the distorted signal will be using Silicon clipping diodes adding in a high amount of compression. Rotating the knob to the right will bring in LED clipping and a smaller amount of compression. Putting the knob at noon will blend between the two using different ratios of the Silicone and LED clipping diodes for more complex clipping sounds.
Note: Since the Si/LED knob is changing the internal gain and clipping style, the other controls will behave slightly differently as well. You will need to use the volume knob to adjust the overall output up or down depending on where you have the knob set.
- The Iron Horse V3 comes in a Gold finish with black ink. Artwork by illustrator David Hüttner features a new battle ready stallion cloaked in armor.
- 9V DC 10mA – 4.77 x 2.9 x 2.3 inches.
- The use of an isolated power supply is recommended for powering all Walrus Audio Pedals. Daisy chain power supplies are not recommended.
- Power supply not included.